Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

A Bright Complexion For The Holidays! - Benefit "Let There Be Bright" Holiday Value Set

Here is an exciting product from Benefit that would make a great gift for someone or a nice treat for yourself :) It is one of the several value gift sets that Benefit has released for the holidays and they are slowly but surely trickling into Sephora and Shopper Drug Mart locations! Today I found this particular one at Shoppers Drug Mart:

Such cute packaging! It's made to look like a piece of luggage to match this year's travel theme.
Opening the golden latch at the top of the box reveals the following precious goodies:


Contents:
- Deluxe sample of The POREfessional Primer (7.5mL)
- Deluxe sample of Triple Moisture Facial Cream (8.9mL)
- Full Size It's Potent! Eye Cream (15mL)
- Full Size Triple Performing Facial Emulsion (50.3mL)

 Now, the reason I purchased this particular set is not only for its awesome deal (the eye cream and facial emulsion retails for C$36 and C$34, respectively), the products are either ones that I already love or I've really want to try it for a while now.

The POREfessional Primer is one that I use every single day as part of my workday makeup routine. While I don't suffer from extremely large pores, you can not go wrong with a product that is able to blur the appearance of the pores and also create a nice smooth canvas for the foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream that is to come afterwards. One aspect that sets this primer apart from others that I use is the fact that POREfessional is skin-toned. I think that contributes to it being able melt nicely into the skin and looking very natural. Overall, I think this product is great and I'm always happy to have a travel size of it!

Deluxe sample comes housed in a glass jar!
The Triple Moisture Facial Cream also is another that I've been using for some time now. It is a face cream that is more on the thicker end of the spectrum. With a retail price tag of $42, it's quite a steep purchase. I didn't purchase my full sized jar until Holt Renfrew cleared out their Benefit counter and had it on sale for $25. Since then, I've used the product rather sparingly because I know it's not possible to pick another one up at even a similar price. This face cream is rich without feeling heavy, which I love. However, it is takes just a bit too long to sink in before I can apply make up so I limit its use to just as my night-time moisturizer. Having applied it just before going to bed allows my skin to slowly drink up the hydration and I wake up with nice and bright skin! The cream does have a fragrance that is on the stronger side; it is nothing florally (if that's a concern), rather it smells very fresh and refreshing, almost like fresh laundry, I think. Personally I love the scent, it's unique and makes me feel like I've just done some sort of spa treatment. However, if scents are sensitizing to your skin this may steer you away.

This It's Potent! Eye Cream is the only one of it's kind offered from Benefit and I think the name is just too cute! Now, I have to admit that which it comes to daily skin care routine, the eye cream is the one that I neglect most often. Yup, I know it's time to change that around and hopefully Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream can knock some sense into me. In terms of consistency, it's a bit lighter than the facial cream, also, it does not share the same "fresh laundry" scent; It is rather fragrance-free, if you don't count the typical "cream" odour. Anyway, it is nothing major, and it certainly does not smell bad. I tried a bit just now and I don't find that my eyes are irriated when the cream brought up to right under the lash line, and it does feel quite hydrating! I am having hopes for this product now.

Finally, this is the product that is the most exciting for me in the set, the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion! From my understanding, is product is sort of similar to the facial cream but with a more liquidy base AND the added benefit of sunscreen :) With SPF 15 and PA++, the sun protection that it offers is not anything to be head-over-heels for but at least there is some! I've sampled it countless times in Sephora and Shoppers Drug Mart counters but never found the heart to dish out the $34 price tag, but it's lightweight formula and pleasant scent always appealed to me so I'm so eager to try this out tomorrow in the morning! Can hardly wait! The bottle is also super cute, reminds me somewhat of bottles from old shipwrecks...haha :)





At a price tag of $52, will you be indulging? Feel free to share your thoughts and comments, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks again for reading :)
Joanne







2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne :)

    I found your blog on the makeup forum. Love your reviews! I wish I knew about the Benefit clear out in Holt Renfrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Linda! I guess we follow the same forum then lol! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi :D

      Delete