Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Maybelline ColorTattoo Metal Collection - First View and Swatches

Today I have something very exciting to share! Yesterday when I was browsing my local Shoppers Drug Mart I came upon a brand new display from Maybelline that I previously knew nothing about.



Looks pretty exciting right? I knew I certainly was, immediately I purchased all 5 shades because they were ALL NEW! (Even though the price at $9.99 each is quite steep..) And here is what they look like!





Perhaps I know what you might be thinking now..."That one looks like BARELY BEIGE!" If that is the case, then I would like to let you know that yes they are so so similar! Barely Beige, the much coveted shade from the Fall Runway Collection by Maybelline, is just a tad pinker. Take a look!


I think those of you who either 1) missed out on picking up Barely Beige or 2) want a back up of Barely Beige would be quite delighted to know that Barely Branded is now available!

And now for a round up with swatches of all the new shades.

1. Inked in Pink 2. Gold Rush 3. Barely Branded 4. Electric Blue 5. Silver Strike   
In terms of texture, all 5 performed beautifully. The gold and silver are the most similar in terms of finish, because both are very frosty with some small glitter particles. Although bold, the two make for perfect choices for the holiday season! Inked in Pink and Barely Branded have similar pearl finishes, stunning both on their own or as a base, best for everyday use. Finally, Electric Blue has a bit of a matte finish, and will probably be the most useful to help your beautiful deep blue eyeshadows really POP on the lids :)

Finally, as none of the packaging nor the display said "Limited Edition", at this time I believe that these will be part of Maybelline's regular line up very soon!


Thank you for reading!
Joanne




No comments:

Post a Comment